Wednesday 8 October 2008

From the newsletter this week:

What a week! Several things have gone badly this week, and that doesn't include the weather! Today I filled my diesel car with petrol... I felt like such an idiot; just too many things on my mind in one go and, Wham! I go and do something extra dippy to cap off a difficult few days. Lee and John came to my rescue on the side of the road. Thanks Boys!
One of our old sows died, a bad and sad day all round. It rained. On a lighter note, Lee and I fell out over getting the tractor stuck. As a result I wasn't speaking to Lee when i got my feet stuck in the mud and had to call him to come and physically pull me out! He came up from the bottom field laughing and took a photo. We both started laughing at the situation, and just like that, my mood was cleared. So you see: three feet of mud is good for something!
Thanks to all who have given or promised ground cover materials, it is all useful and much appreciated. Progress is definitely being made in the walled garden, raised beds and borders for perennial vegetables such as artichokes and asparagus. We are even talking about a cascade of strawberries for next summer. I may even sneak in some flowers...

There is loads to be getting on with, even in this awful weather, including construction and groundwork; and lots of carrots still to be harvested and stored for the winter.


Latest news from the G and S farm:

Here are some photos from the farm this week, showing the work that's in progress, and what we are currently harvesting:

Composting toilet. A work in progress...

walled garden: building in progress

A selection of fruit and veg from the farm

Unripe Squash

Autumn is pumpkin time!

No comments: