Monday 29 June 2009

A wwoofers eye view

My name is Brigitte, I`m from Switzerland and I have been wwoofing on the G & S Farm since one week now. It is the first time that I`m doing this and I`m really lucky, because Beth and Lee are very nice people and so are the boys Billy and Gerorge.
Beside work there is lots of time to talk, eat, have a glass of wine or stay alone for a while as well.
I`m sleeping in a nice room in the cottage, but it is also possible to sleep in the caravan on the farm.
I like the work on the farm, till now I have been planting, watering, helping with the box scheme and some other small works. They have got four pigs, lots of sheep, three dogs, a cockeral and a horse.
I came to England in order to improve my English and I think therefore it was a good choice to come here, because we converse and they would also ask me whether I`m fine or take me with them to the sea or to another place - today we are going to visit a castle.
So I can definitely recommend this place for wwoofing!

No comments: